Monday, October 8, 2007

Sooner Rather Than Later

I saw the OB today and this is what we know. I am 36 weeks, 50 lbs heavier, we're still having a boy and he has some hair on his head. I was surprised to find out that my belly was measuring big so she ordered a growth scan (ultrasound). He is measuring 7 lbs 8 oz (give or take 1 lb). If he gains a half a pound a week he could be really large if we waited several more weeks.

Dr. MacClenahan gave me papers to schedule induction next Monday, Oct 15th. Not sure what to do, I chose to wait and see Dr. Cook on Tuesday, Oct 16th and see if things may happen on their own. If he wants me to be induced after Tuesday, I'll schedule it, but am concerned about our son coming too early and being in the NICU with underdeveloped lungs. Dr. MacClenahan said they may need to do an Amniocentesis to determine whether or not his lungs are developed enough to induce. I hate the thought of poking our little one with a long needle like that!!

Our preference is that we not have an amnio OR induction and so we are asking God to please allow ONLY what He desires for us. The good news is we'll probably have a baby boy next week sometime!

No comments: