Stephen and I met with Dr. Cook today to discuss the amnio again. The thing that helped us make the decision is that not only was he measuring 7 lbs 10 oz at 36 weeks but his head was measuring 39 weeks. We were given the option to wait until he was 38 weeks but were warned that we were likely risking an emergency C-section based on the head measurements. We decided to go ahead with the amnio.
It was not painful at all, though I was shaking while I was waiting for it to happen. It really felt like giving blood, really. When he took the amniotic fluid out, I could feel a change in pressure, and that was weird, but not uncomfortable. After the amnio they put us on the monitor and made sure his heart rate was fine and that I was still feeling him move. It was all fine. Thank you for your prayers!
Dr. Cook checked me before we left and I was dilated 2 cm and the baby's head was "pressing hard" on my cervix. He said I will be an easy induction and that I would probably go into labor this week, either way. Dr. Cook told us to expect to hear the test results either this afternoon or tomorrow around lunchtime. He said if the lungs were "good and mature" we would hear back today.
Stephen went back to work and I went to lunch with my mom. We decided to call the Greer Fire Dept one more time to see if we could get them to install our car seats (three across in the X-Terra - not easy to do!) Praise God the guy who answered the phone is the one who is in charge of car seat installs for the Fire Dept. He told us to come on and he'd help us.
While we were there I got a phone call that his lungs were mature and they want to induce TOMORROW! I felt a range of emotion...my words were "Oh wow". As soon as I got off the phone, the sweet fireman said that our middle car seat was broken!! He was unable to install anything until we got it fixed. So, I took my mom home to stay with Sydney while she napped and drove to the closest Nissan dealership.
The good news is that the seat belt is covered by manufacturer's warranty. The bad news is that he has to order the part and would be in Thursday at the earliest. Since the car seats could not be installed today, I had to go buy two different kinds so that my mom could take the car back to the Fire Dept on Friday (when the sweet fireman is working again) and have them all installed. We will have three different options for car seats. He said if cannot install them three across we will have to have our airbag cut out of the front seat and put one there. Stephen nor I like that option and we are not ready to buy a new car but may have to. Please pray that one of the car seat options will work!
So, I am just getting to the blog because I've been driving around all day. Now I'm going to pack the girls' things so they can go to Gran's with my mom for the night. We have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 6 am for induction. Just making the arrangements for the girls was making my head spin today! I am obviously a "spaz" under pressure...but tomorrow will be calmer, and I will get to hold my little boy! Wow, God has been good to us.
1 comment:
Wow! I can't imagine how stressed you must be! We will be praying. And I hope the car seat thing works out. I had Harper Charis, Calahan, and Mary Addison in the back of my Galant last week; there was not an inch of wiggle room!
Post a Comment