I was unable to sleep this morning and God brought to mind what I told Him at the Passion Conference in 1999. I remember saying to Him with tears, "If I never have a husband, 2.5 kids, a picket fence and a dog, that's okay, Lord, because for the first time I truly believe YOU are more than enough for me." We sang "Better Is One Day" after I told Him that and I truly meant every word of that song, too.
Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere...
Here I am in 2007, with a wonderful husband, 2.5 kids exactly, a dog named Carrie and we actually have a picket fence on the sides of our house. Yet, I still long for that one day in His courts and am as grateful for the family as I am for the strong desire and longing for Jesus that still remains. I hope that I never lose perspective on how great He is, how small I am and how dependent I am on Him for every little thing.
1 comment:
Sa-Sa, I love you!!!
Post a Comment