Dr. MacClenahan called me this afternoon and after talking about my situation with Dr. Cook and Dr. Dubose they want me to have an amnio next Tuesday and then schedule induction for next Thursday, Oct 18th.
I found out the amnio needle is not actually poking the baby, but they will take amniotic fluid and test it for certain proteins that indicate strong lung function. Because I have had some strange sugar issues with this pregnancy, that is necessary because if I did have gestational diabetes my placenta would not work as well - possibly hindering his lung development, also.
I also found out the risk of going PAST next week is that he could be so large that he may get his head out and his shoulders could be stuck in the birth canal. Since I've delivered 2 babies that were over 8 lbs before, they feel good about taking him next week when he'll likely be in the 8 lb range again. So, unless things happen on their own before then, I should be having a baby next Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment