Today at lunch Abby was turning her food into playmates again. She had three green grapes left on her plate. One was the mama and the other two were the little girls. The mama grape was telling the two little girl grapes to get in Abby's mouth. The two little girl grapes didn't want to. Or so Abby said.
My mama mind started whirling, thinking of all the wonderful ways I could use these grapes to teach her about having an obedient heart but I couldn't seem to think of anything wise to say to so I responded with a deer-in-headlights face and said, "Okay." And now, I just have to laugh at myself because she was great with that answer and she ate her grapes and moved on. Maybe next time I will take more advantage of a teachable moment but for today, "Okay" will have to suffice.
No comments:
Post a Comment