Detergent
I bought new dishwashing detergent to try. Electrasol tabs. Abby saw me opening one and asked what it was. Maybe she thought I was putting candy in the dishwasher. So I said, "It is diswasher cleaner, excuse me, diswashing detergent." I was taking the opportunity to teach her this new word, "detergent". I was wondering then why they call it detergent. Does it deter something? Dirt, germs? It sure doesn't seem to deter peanut butter off our bread knives or flour out of my measuring cups. Hmmm...
2 comments:
In my extreme boredom at VR, I looked up the actual definition: substance that is oil-soluble and capable of holding insoluble foreign matter in suspension, used in lubricating oils, dry-cleaning preparations, etc. So aparently it holds stuff and washes it away?? See, you thought you were only teaching Abby a new word, now you've taught me too!
Wow, that definition is a little too much for me to handle at the end of a busy week!
Post a Comment