When I set my alarm last night, it was for "3 hours and 36 minutes from now". That was sobering. We missed the alarm at 3:30 AM, but thankfully Doris woke to the smell of Jolydia brewing coffee at 3:52. We were dressed, packed, and quickly on our way. But obviously tired.
Duckie's last appearance on the plane:
As we were landing in ATL, we spotted another plane in the air next to us, so Stephen filmed part of the landing for Sydney.
A picture of Atlanta for Sydney:
Once we exited the plane we flew through customs. We were all so grateful for how efficient it was. It was great to be back in the U-S-of-A!
Stephen and the guys were "surfing" in the ATL airport:
As I reflect on the week, on the way home, I'm most grateful to have seen God's hand in so much of this trip.
I saw Him in His people, and the way they showed gratefulness for the class.
I saw Him in our team, enduring suffering and sickness with a joy that can only come from Christ. He was in the laughter, that gave us cheerful hearts.
He was in our friends and family, praying for us and calling on others to join them.
I saw Him in our translator, Mario, and his humility.
He was in Jolydia, who cooked us meals, cleaned our rooms, and made our beds - quietly and cheerfully.
I saw him in Stephen's courage to lead worship for the first time...in another language. To preach his first sermon, even though he had to completely change what he'd prepared at the last minute. I saw Christ in Stephen's determination to persevere on the panel, even though he had a fever.
I saw Him in Ken's perseverance in teaching long mornings and then again in the afternoon, even though he was sick.
He was in Lee Anne's delight of all things beautiful. Then in her quiet suffering and patient endurance in affliction.
I saw Christ in Doris and in the way she was nurturing to me as a roommate, and a great example of a wife who loves well. And shares her things.
And in Fabricio, who encouraged us to persevere and brought joy in tense moments.
I saw him in Matt, and his joy to serve and love the people and to speak their language.
He was evident in Carrie Franklin, and her desire to nurture us with a home-cooked meal. And WiFi!
Kyle showed Christ to us in his humility and transparency in sharing with us. And by caring for us all, while he was sick himself.
I saw Him in Tyler, and his joy for life - sitting in the back of the church, gnawing on an enormous carrot.
And He was in our fearless leader, Wes, who protected us, and was determined to make sure we had a fun day, even though he was throwing up in the car.
God was in each of our stories. His story of rescue and redemption was obviously woven throughout our testimonies.
He was in every sunset, reminding me He loves me and was in control.
He was and always will be good. I'm so thankful to have seen His goodness this week.
And when I get home I will be even more grateful to brush my teeth with tap water, take a hot shower, and to flush toilet paper. I don't want to take any of our little blessings for granted.



1 comment:
So glad you guys got to do this! I'm encouraged by your faith in Him in this adventure.
Also, your kids will be so blessed that you did this. They get to experience missions through you.
Post a Comment