Monday we woke and were able to see Selva Negra in the daylight. This was the view from our room:
And the lake next to the restaurant:
Aren't the lily pads beautiful?
Norman, a Nicaraguan who was a chef in NYC, has a catering company that prepared meals for us in his mother-in-law's home. I loved our first breakfast there.
Stephen was being "stretched", as he only likes apples and oranges. But he did not make this face the whole time, just as I was taking his picture.
View from Norman's mother-in-law's house:
After breakfast, we drove 20 or so minutes to the church. Today was our first day of classes, both at the church and at the medical clinic. We started the day with Ken teaching through the narrative of the Bible, beginning in Genesis. We were studying and reading in the back.
In the afternoon, Wes reviewed ideas from Biblical Femininity and Authentic Manhood taught in July, then the marriage class began, with Ken teaching again. We also shared each of our testimonies. This was one of my favorite parts, as it was so encouraging to see God's story of redemption and restoration woven throughout each of our individual stories. God is so good to each one of us.
We decided to sit the women together and the men together on Monday, then sat as couples on Tuesday, when the idea of oneness was introduced.
There are lots of pictures of the view from the church. I apologize, but it was just gorgeous.
I told you so!



No comments:
Post a Comment