Friday, September 21, 2007

Pseudo Stomach Virus/Lost Keys

Gran, my beloved maternal grandmother, turned 90 last Friday. I thank our Heavenly Father often for giving her such great health and a healthy mind! We celebrated her birthday at my Aunt Betsy's house in Spartanburg with a smoked pig bbq. Afterwards, Stephen and I didn't feel so well and thought maybe it was the pork not settling well. Abby had diarrhea over the weekend but we were feeling guilty because we gave her a lot of lemonade. We figured we'd have to add lemonade to the apple/pear intolerance list. Then Monday Sydney got it. We'd had a 24 hour stomach virus over the weekend and didn't have enough sense to stay home and keep our germs to ourselves! Saturday at the USC/SC State game we were suffering through it, still thinking the food just didn't agree with us! Unfortunately, my father-in-law got it from hugging and kissing on Abby Sunday at church. We will learn from this mistake!

Sydney also had a fever on Wednesday that got up to 102.6F at one point. But it was also a 24 hour thing amd she never had other symptoms. I've been told doctors say there is no such thing as a fever virus. Do they have kids?

Anyway, I had my 34 week OB visit yesterday, even though I was only 33 weeks and 5 days. I've gained 45 pounds now. My belly is measuring right on schedule and the baby's heartbeat was strong. I was able to make my 36 week and coveted 38 week appointments yesterday. My 38th week appointment is on Oct 18th at 3:00 with Dr. Cook, he seems to have the "gift" of putting women in labor. (Abby and with Sydney both came several hours after my 38-week appointment.) I do plan on being at my women's ministry Philippians study that night, though - it shouldn't happen that fast! Besides, I will only technically be 37 weeks and 5 days. And don't worry, I do know that God's timing is perfect and this is something I cannot plan for! :) I am trusting Him to work out all of the details. However, if I didn't plan at all, I would not be Sara Fowler, now would I?

I apologize for not giving any updates on Stephen lately. He's doing well. He loves his job. He actually overslept for work today because his alarm didn't go off. When he woke up he said very convincingly that it was Saturday. I was thinking I'd lost my gourd and then realized he was just sleepy! It was 8:24 and he had to be at work at 8:30. I've never seen him get dressed that fast!

Oh, and yesterday we had a typical Sara/Stephen moment. Stephen was home for lunch yesterday and couldn't find his car keys when he was ready to go back to work. He took a spare key with him to save time and figured he'd find the key chain later. He called me after 6:00 last night from a Spinx and he had to get gas but couldn't find his wallet and because he didn't have his normal keys, he couldn't pay with his "mini" debit card, either. I'd just gotten home so I offered to throw the kids back in the car and meet him with my debit card. I quickly grabbed my purse, put Carrie in the house and hopped in the car. Once the kids were buckled I realized my keys were hanging on the wall INSIDE the locked house! Thankfully, the Taylors had a spare key and Jimmy literally RAN the key to our house. I met Stephen at the Spinx, he filled up the car and when he was getting the key out of the Corolla he found his wallet. :) Then late last night we found his key chain - on the kitchen counter! It was such a Fowler moment for us! It's a shame fanny packs are so weird looking because we'd both do well to have one.

No comments: