It is starting to cool off a little in Greenville, which is wonderful. Instead of temperatures in the 100's, we're now enjoying 90's with lower humidity. My swollen ankles are grateful!
I had an unpleasant but necessary doctor's visit today. I was asked to take the 3 hour glucose test, even though I'd passed the 1 hour test. I was supposed to not eat or drink after midnight (though I did have water this morning because I was ill-informed!). At 9 am they had me drink that thick glucola drink. It upset my stomach. Then they drew blood. Then they weighed me and I'm up to 43 lbs now. :) Well on my way to the usual 50.
Here's the good news: I saw the Dr. Laffitte about 9:30 and he said I was measuring exactly the right size and the baby's heartbeat was strong! He also said that based on my test results from the 1 hour he didn't believe I would have any problems passing the 3-hour. Dr. McClellahan ordered the 3-hour because she wanted to be sure the sugar present in my urine was not a sign of diabetes.
At 10:00 they drew blood from the next arm. I read magazines until I couldn't concentrate anymore, walked to the car and tried to sleep but it was too hot, returned to sit in a different waiting area and then they drew blood at 11:00 from the first arm. I decided to sit in the lobby where Rachael Ray was on. That helped me stay awake. At noon, they drew the last bit of blood but had a hard time finding a vein that would cooperate. It was not fun.
The good news is that even though I feel puny this afternoon, I will not be expecting to hear that I have gestational diabetes. If I don't, I can eat cheese dip with everyone else while we watch the game on Saturday. Otherwise, I guess I'll be eating celery - with no dip! :)
Abby is enjoying the change of summer to "fall". She is taking dance classes again but this time her best friend, Ella, is in her class. Sydney wants to have "dance recital" too, but at least she gets to play with Macy, her best friend (and Ella's little sister), while Abby and Ella dance!
We started homeschooling using with the A Beka 4K curriculum. I thought it would be like pulling my fingernails off one at a time but I have been pleasantly surprised. Abby LOVES doing school and is really learning things, too. I can really see God at work in it!
Sydney's personality is starting to show more and more. She is full of energy and life! Stephen says she will be the comedian in the family (second to him, of course).
The baby is very active so we may have our hands full in a few weeks. My due date is Nov 4, but since the girls were 2 weeks early we hope he'll come the week of October 22nd. If not, they will induce me the following week. I still have some things to do to prepare for his arrival, but I'm slowly getting them done. Whew!
1 comment:
I can't wait to ask Abby about what she has been learning! I'm sure you are a great teacher.
Post a Comment