Last night while I was preparing dinner I heard the girls laughing and shouting gleefully in the living room. It made my heart happy to hear how entertained they were by one another.
The blissfulness ended quickly with one of the loudest screams I've heard come out of Sydney. I RAN, scooped her up and just walked to the bathroom with her screaming "No, No, No!" and kicking her feet the whole way. I could tell there was a good bit of blood but she kept burying her face in my chest so I couldn't get a good look. Abby showed me her knee, which was very red and said it hit Sydney in the face.
Apparently, they had strategically placed the couch cushions on the floor in front of the fireplace and were jumping off, falling on the pillows. Unfortunately, they jumped at the same time and Abby's knee landed on Sydney's nose and upper lip, both were bloody!
After some ibuprofen, ice packs and a little freaking out on my part, Sydney recovered. Here are some pictures of the injuries (isn't she pitiful?):
But don't worry, Abby apologized, Sydney accepted and they were hugging and back to loving each other very quickly!
As for me, I will be checking in on the girls anytime I hear them giggling in a room from now on! And we have two new rules, "No jumping off the fireplace" and "Do not put couch cushions on the floor".
2 comments:
Poor baby! Didn't know that had happened.
Thanks for inviting me to view your blog. What a beautiful family. It was so great to see your smiling face. It has been such a long time.
Hope your pregnancy is going well.
Post a Comment