We are home and Stephen is recovering. He should be sleeping but apparently he doesn't react to anesthesia like the rest of the free world!
Immediately after surgery, Stephen started talking to the staff. He announced, "I have a wife, three kids and I'm 23 years old." "Mr. Fowler, you're not 23," replied the nurse anesthetist. To which Stephen slurred, "Ooooohhhhh yeah, I'm THIRTY-three."
By the time I made it to recovery, he had the entire staff laughing. He looked at me with his gown falling off his shoulder as he sipped on a Sprite and said that he "rocked it" and that he could "run a marathon." That was before he tried to stand or use the restroom!
On a serious note, Stephen is still in a good amount of pain. The pain pills are not knocking him out, as we expected. We've seen lots of blood today, but we're expecting it to subside in the next few hours.
He has passed a few tiny pieces of the stones, which we are saving to have evaluated. I am hoping he will be feeling much better tomorrow.
Below are some videos of Stephen before surgery. (He gave me the Flip before we walked into the hospital, just in case there was anything interesting to film.)
:
P.S. He'll have the stent removed Thursday morning after the doctor's evaulation and another X-ray.
1 comment:
That is way too funny about his response post-op. Love it! Glad things seem to be going well. Will keep praying!
Post a Comment