Friday, June 11, 2010

Out of Surgery

Stephen is in recovery now.  His mom and I are waiting to go back and see him.  The surgery went well.  Dr. Bullock said the kidney stones were lodged so he wasn't able to just take them out (as he expected) so he used the laser to break them up into very small fragments.  He did have to put a stent in, so now Stephen will have to pass the "granules" through the stent.  He will have some discomfort from the stent but will be given pain medicine to use as needed.  Dr. Bullock assured us he will not be in the same pain he was when the stones were moving, but he won't feel "all better" until he has the stent taken out, sometime late next week. 

Thank you for your prayers!  I have some video footage of Stephen with his gown and cap on before he went back so I'll post them on the blog later.

No comments: