Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm A Big Boy Now

We have a little baby that has quickly turned into a little boy! Brody turned 2 today. Actually this afternoon. I refuse to let him grow up any faster than he already has to.

Two-year old Brody is so much fun and so boisterous. My father-in-law said today, "Brody has never done anything small. He was big from the start." That is so true! In fact, none of our decorative pumpkins have a vine on top anymore because he has turned them into a ball and thrown them as hard as he can across the room.

We had a small Elmo birthday party with one friend and extended family today. Brody had a big time. I think his favorite part was smearing the red icing all over his face!

We were able to get him to open his Jent's gift politely, but then he was done. He just wanted to play with the Elmo books and "choo-choo" dvd that Jent gave him. He walked out of the room to try to get away and look at his books. We had to make ripping off the paper and ripping out the tissue paper a game. He was intrigued for a few moments. :)

Here are some pictures of the big day:














3 comments:

Amy Dalon said...

Happy Birthday Brody!! 2 years??? That's unbelievable- it seems like you were just pregnant with your "surprise" baby:).

Anonymous said...

He is precious! I am going into these last few months of baby dragging my heels.

I think that on these third children we got it double: active boys with older siblings to entice them! I don't remember Drew being quite as busy as Whitt is.

The Jacksons said...

WOW!!! 2! He is just precious! I know he is a bundle of fun.