Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gang Gang is with her Savior

Last night, a few minutes after 9, Gang Gang went to be with the Lord. It was a very sad night for so many of us. Stephen, his dad and his grandfather, Dad Daddy, seem to be doing well today, considering. Please keep Dad Daddy in your prayers. This transition will be especially difficult for him. For years he has been visiting his bride in the nursing home every night, eating dinner with her and putting her to bed before heading home.

The funeral arrangements were made this afternoon. The Visitation will be held at Mackey Mortuary from 6 pm until 8 pm Monday evening. Tuesday, the funeral will be at 2 pm at Pendleton Street Baptist Church. Stephen's brother, Billy, will be doing part of the service. The graveside service will be at Woodlawn Memorial Park, following the funeral. Stephen, Billy and the other 4 grandsons will be the pallbearers. Stephen's cousin, Heathie, said they will "carry her to her grave because she always carried them." Gang Gang spent so many hours on her knees praying for those boys, and for the rest of her kids, grandkids and their spouses. My in-laws were reading her prayer journals today and said you can find many entries for each of us. I am particularly grateful for her prayers for my husband and my in-laws over the years.

On Tuesday, I hope to celebrate Gang Gang's life and her reunion with Jesus, though I expect there will be lots of tears as we mourn the loss of a great woman. I am so proud to have known Martha Fowler and to have the privilege to be married to one of her grandsons. I hope her legacy of loving Jesus will remain in each of us, all the days of our lives.

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us family and friends who draw us closer to Your Cross. May You be glorified in Gang Gang's passing, just as you have been in her life. May we all draw nearer to You. I love You. Amen.

Obituary in the Greenville News: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=OBITUARIES&pagename=obittext&id=115413

No comments: