Yes, I KNOW what this picture of Abby must communicate regarding my parenting skills. Yes, I did stick her in front of the computer to play a game online. It was a PBS.org game. Her sister and brother were napping. There was nothing else to do. And yes, I did put her in a highchair. I was being creative!
On Monday, we met Gran, Aunt Martha, Joseph and Megan at the beach. Mama drove down later in the week.
On Monday, we met Gran, Aunt Martha, Joseph and Megan at the beach. Mama drove down later in the week.
We stayed in our favorite beach house.
We spent most mornings on the beach.
We spent most afternoons shopping and eating things we cannot get at home. The girls got huge lollipops from a candy store and were so excited I had to take a picture.
We visited the Citadel and took updated pictures on the chapel steps.
We celebrated Gran's 91st birthday, while we were there. I am so grateful for her!
Our kids all loved the beach. Abby loved jumping "over" the waves. Sydney loved trying to run away from them. Brody loved eating the sand and pounding the ground with his hands to make noises. I loved being away and with all the family. Stephen loved staying up as late as possible talking under the stars.
And as previously mentioned, tropical storm Hanna provided some drama and some windy days (see below) but in the end, her bark was much worse than her bite.
We were able to finish the trip home in our comfy new car. The vacation was everything vacations are supposed to be.
4 comments:
Loved seeing all the pictures! Especially on the Chapel steps! :)
Yeah for the new car. I hope to see it sometime soon. Glad you all had fun at the beach!
You guys look so beachy and refreshed! Like Kelly, I particularly love the pic on the Citadel chapel steps! The last one is a great family shot, too.
love the pictures and the recap! how fun :) your kids just crack me up!
Post a Comment