My 7-year old laptop has been limping along for several months now. Only has 50 MB of disk space left. I've deleted everything I can, including the calculator that comes with XP.
The new computer decision has not been easy. At Best Buy, my stomach was in knots. Macs are cool, effecient, fun and great. Laptops are great because they go anywhere. I don't really know which one I preferred. Got an HP with Vista even though I know Vista is subpar. I couldn't make myself spend the extra $800 it was going to cost to get a Mac. Hoped the Apple lady last night on the phone could give me a better deal than was online. It didn't happen. Hope I made the right choice. If not, maybe when this one dies we'll get more free money from Uncle Sam again.
Installing everything has been a little bit like moving in our house. I'm determined to stay up until it's all "unpacked" and put away. I have four frappucino drinks in the fridge. May drink them all in the morning. Stephen just walked past me and called me a computer geek. Has he SEEN my old computer?!?!
2 comments:
We're definitely going through that right now. We had been thinking about it, but then last week the computer crashed and I lost my scrabbook I had been working on all year. I finally got it back after about an hour of being on the phone with Clemson's IT guys, but they said we should think about getting a new computer. So...we spent lots of time at Best Buy...Joe wants a Mac. I want a desktop....we'll see what happens!
Hey! First of all, is Brody a mini-Stephen or is it just that picture? He's cute either way. Also, you know we got a laptop and went wireless in February. We ordered ours from Dell and tried to get it with XP because we'd heard the same things about Vista. It was going to take months to get one so we went ahead with Vista. It hasn't been so bad. We've had two times where we had to call the Dell people to work out some kinks, but otherwise it works pretty well.
Post a Comment