Here's a link to what Stephen is doing in San Diego. I don't think it is possible for him to not be having fun!
Just yesterday Vicki Williams reminded me I should have my kids use scissors so they have cutting mastered by around 1st grade. Abby always asks to cut things. Today, I gave Abby her special pair of green scissors and asked her to cut out the Publix dinosaur out of her coloring book. She cut him into about 350 pieces, got another piece of plain paper and started cutting out random shapes. I walked out of the sun room to finish cleaning the kitchen.
After dinner I returned to the sun room to clean up the paper mess and discovered a bunch of long black hair all over the window seat. We made a memory today. Today was the first time one of my children cut their own hair.
Thankfully, I've scared her out of doing it again. She seemed shocked I didn't approve of the haircut. Don't worry, I made sure she knew I loved her and wasn't mad. I am quite grateful she has so much hair I couldn't find the clump she'd cut out.
The girls also had their first Taco Casa experience with the Taylors today. I think Abby and Sydney both liked it. Abby didn't like the blueberries in the empanada so she just licked the cinnamon sugar off of it. Sydney ate her chips, cheese dip AND her half burrito. I think she REALLY liked it. Maybe they're ready for Taco Bell!?!
5 comments:
Sa, we're finally back in our house and I'm able to check all my blogs. I loved seeing Abby in her beautiful dress and Baby Boy Fowler. Now I need to see some pics of Sydney. I'm sure she's changed so much since I saw her last. Love! e
Ok, I just scrolled down and saw that you had added some posts prior to "It's a boy" complete with pics of Syndney. Sorry! e
Wow--can't believe Abby cut her hair! She'll get the hang of using those scissors...have you definitely decided to send her to school instead of homeschooling?
It's about time I got invited. Still haven't been invited to read the Carson's blog - didn't want to anyway.
Good for Abby - cutting her own hair. Shows exceptional motor skills. Are you sure steven is the father??
Funny, Sara. Thanks for sharing. My funny kid thing has to do with Carson. I asked him to let me kiss his cheek, and he thought I said kiss his teeth, and he opened his mouth so I could reach his teeth. Of course, I didn't kiss his teeth, but it is our new joke.
Post a Comment