Whoever decided to call summer days lazy has a few things coming. This has been one of the busiest, most fun summers we've had! And we haven't even vacationed anywhere!
Abby is taking swim lessons (from Heather Nelson) and she has gained so much confidence in the water. Sydney is following suit (typical second born) and now likes to tell us "stop it" when we try to hold her in the water. She trusts her swim vest more than her parents!??! And we are working on teaching her to say, "Will you not do that, please?" but I'm sure it will take AT LEAST 6 months.
Stephen had a fun week at work last week closing out the fiscal year. He said every time they got a large sales order in somebody would hit this loud "BONG" thing and everyone pulled out their noisemakers to follow. One lady had a screaming woman sound. He is pretty pumped that he's getting a new pair of Reef's and a beach bag that he's ordered for his customers, too. They had Bucky's BBQ and On The Border twice there for lunch, and he was able to bring home leftovers. I think he's going to turn into an On The Border chip with salsa!
Oh, that reminds me. Stephen is also flying out to San Diego next week. I hope he doesn't have too much fun. His trip to Phoenix made him think if he ever left the southeast we'd actually be okay. I don't think I would. I really don't think I would.
I am doing well. I've successfully gained at least 25 pounds at this point (should have gained 10) and haven't thrown up in like 3 weeks! I am still taking Zofran during the day but SHOULD be done, soon. Our son seems to be happy kicking and swimming away! I, however, am enjoying the idea of this being my last pregnancy and thinking thoughts like, "Maybe he should stay in there, what do I know about raising a BOY!?!?" Thankfully, I am married to a "guys' guy" so I'm partnered with someone who has all the strengths to make up for my weaknesses! Oh, and yes, God will give me what I need when I need it. Right now I just need to find some things to make the nursery not so feminine! I'll focus on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment