Friday, June 15, 2007

It's A Boy!

We had our ultrasound on Friday and found out our surprise third baby is a BOY! We are absolutely beside ourselves. During the ultrasound Stephen was so nervous he was pacing back and forth. The ultrasound technician asked if he was going to do that the whole time. I told her that is what he does when we're losing a football game! She laughed and decided to make him wait a little while.

We saw the heart chambers and the brain, skull, spine, etc. and finally she said, "Do you see that?" and we said, "What?" and she said, "That's a _____" (fill in the name of the male body part). Stephen let out a sigh of relief and said, "We're going to have a son!" I kept saying, "I cannot believe God gave us a boy!" (To see it in the picture below imagine the baby sitting on a glasstop table.)


Stephen's dad asked the Lord several months before we found out we were pregnant to please give Stephen a son. The Lord heard his prayer and answered, "Yes." I couldn't be more thrilled with the way God has planned our family. He knew I needed two girls first to really want a boy! He also made them each 2-1/2 years apart. His timing and His wisdom are so perfect!

P.S. The due date is November 4th. If he comes 2 weeks early like the girls did that will be sometime after October 22.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I'm still SO excited for y'all!! God is so good and His plans are completely perfect :) (yes, i'm preaching to myself here too!)