Monday, June 1, 2009

Trip to Daytona

Memorial Day weekend we took the kids down to Daytona Beach to visit my dad.

The drive down and back wasn't terrible, but we did do it both ways without a radio. We borrowed a DVD player from a friend and the power adapter blew out our accessory outlets and our radio. I am not a good car trip person so I had to drive most of the way to keep from being bored. Stephen was happy to not drive for once! The 7-1/2 hour drive took us 10 hrs. both ways but that is to be expected with small kids and small bladders! My only complaint regarding the trip is the lack of Chick-Fil-A's off I-95. I kept hoping for Chick-Fil-A playground stops but we settled for McDonald's.

Once in Daytona, we had dinner at my dad's condo and my half-brother, Scott, Scott's fiancee, Laura, my half-sister, Caroline, and Caroline's daughter, Halle, were able to meet us there. It was nice to visit with all of them.

My dad let us stay in a timeshare he had for free. The kids really enjoyed the pool and walks on the beach. We had lots of free time to play.

Here are some pictures from our trip.


Brody and I people watching:


Our shoes:



My boys in the kid pool:


Sydney enjoying the pool:


Stephen and Brody again:


After dinner enjoying the view:


The whole Hill family (minus Brian):


One of my favorite pics of Grandpa Hill and Brody:


My half-sister, Caroline, her baby in utero and my niece, Halle:


My half-brother, Scott, and his fiancee, Laura:


Abby eating at Grandpa Hill's (photography by Sydney):


Brody smiling for Sydney:


Grandpa Hill and Sydney:


My dad, the kids and I after dinner our last night:


No comments: