Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ba-nected

This morning Sydney was playing with her baby elephant, Emily, (build-a-bear elephant) and was telling Abby that Emily was "ba-nected". I thought she was trying to say "connected" but couldn't figure out why she was talking about getting an ambulance, etc. I immediately began to think they were talking about a live birth and wondered where they got this information. Abby said, "Don't you remember from the Zebra video?" I got nervous. I watched that Animal Planet special on zebras with them and there wasn't anything eluding to a live birth on there.

Then Sydney continued to play like her elephant fell down and was "ba-nected" again. She needed an ambulance again. Then it dawned on me. What a relief! The elephant was "infected". Whew. So I told them how to pronounce the word and what it meant. I escaped a very difficult conversation today!

1 comment:

Sara P.B. said...

Oh these conversations are approaching way to fast! Visit my blog for a good laugh! I love you and miss you!!!