Brody's been sick since Tuesday. Fever on-and-off. Sometimes low grade, tonight it spiked to 103.5F. Today he had trouble breathing, was wheezing. Took him to the pediatrician.
He has croup AND an ear infection. His first infection. I tried a breathing treatment tonight and it was more like a wrestling match. The medication was all over me, rather than in his lungs. Bracing for another long night.
The night before last when I was rocking Brody to sleep for the third time - at some wee-hour-of-the-morning time - and I was convinced I couldn't hold my head up much longer. I was reminded of something Adrian Despres recently told me, "THIS too shall pass. But this too shall PASS."
Don't want to miss God in it or miss the sweet time rocking my baby to sleep. This too shall pass. What a gift the present is.
2 comments:
The croup is miserable! Addison has had it 4 times, with us ending up in the emergency room one of those times. I hope he feels better soon! Have a merry Christmas!
Hope Brody is feeling better! You know we have been through it with the breathing treatments. I still pull up that advice from Adrian on a regular basis.
Post a Comment