Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Falling Into Place

Brody turned 10 months on Sunday. I have not taken his 9-month picture or his 10-month. However, my friend, Kim Deloach, a brilliant photographer, was taking pictures for promotion Sunday and sent me a couple of him.



This has been a busy season of life. Summer always is.

Brody's 9 -month visit with the pediatrician went well, but we did discover some motor skills milestones that he missed so BabyNet came out to do an evaluation of him. It was determined that he has a gross motor skills delay and needs physical therapy to catch him up. My service coordinator and I set some goals today and we'll have a PT evaluation in the next few weeks. We're hoping he will be rolling over well, sitting, crawling and pulling up to a stand soon. Oh boy am I in trouble when my little fella becomes mobile. I'm sure he'll eat some dog food before I can get to him. It's a rite of passage in the Fowler home.

We are also in the throws of school now. We started 5-year old kindergarten at home with Abby. Sydney sits in on most of it and they both love the cutting, use of glue sticks and the music. I love those things, too. Hopefully when we the curriculum gets harder we will all feel the same way about school.

We still don't have a new car but are just waiting. God has said, "No" thus far and we are trusting Him in it. He always takes care of us and as my friend reminded me, He cares more about timing than He does about the time something takes.

I am doing okay. Hitting the ground running. Trying to keep up with everything. Learning to trust God more than I desire to check things off my to-do list, which means that I am not defined by a to-do list, which means I have to be okay with some things not getting done. Whew.

Maybe I'll have some great news about a car, Brody's sitting or Abby and Sydney's spiritual growth. Even in the absence of great news to report, God is great. He just makes you want to love Him, doesn't He?

2 comments:

Keever Kids said...

Those pictures are precious! Thanks for all the updates!

The Gaymons said...

Thanks for sharing, Sara! God is good, and it is good to be reminded of how much we need to just wait on Him with our daily needs and desires. Boy, do I need to do that more!

Have a blessed day,
Ash